Informing the decision making processes for the allocation of scarce resources
Ricardo has considerable experience supporting environmental policy and investment decisions. We have worked extensively for governments and businesses worldwide, providing high-quality economic analysis and insight. We add value by bringing together economics techniques with practical expertise in the relevant environmental issues.
Our dedicated team of economists employ a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods, including cost-benefit analysis, input-output modelling and cost-effectiveness analysis. Our approaches are tailored to the policy issues of concern and frequently involve the development of bespoke modelling solutions. We also develop models to support the financing of environmental projects and strategies.
Our analysis is underpinned by a detailed knowledge of the sectors, businesses and technologies concerned, ensuring our work is grounded by an understanding of how markets work in practice. We work in accordance with the relevant regional, national or international guidance, drawing upon our extensive experience working with, and closely for, policy makers, corporates and investment organisations. Our environmental economics services include:
- Economic impact assessment of projects, policies and programmes.
- Valuing environmental goods and ecosystem services and quantifying environmental externalities.
- Analysis of environmental-economic linkages, including impacts on jobs, productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental technology appraisal and market assessment.
- Green growth and economic development strategy design.
- Development of business cases for infrastructure funding.