Comprehensive due diligence to support informed decisions
Ricardo combines due diligence capabilities with deep technical expertise, which enables us to provide clear and independent due diligence advice – technical, commercial, market and regulatory.
Our team of specialists conducts due diligence assessments that reduce your investment risk, identify areas for cost and investment savings, and address reputational issues to maximise the likelihood of project approval. We have a particular expertise in identifying issues that are critical to investment decisions, and reporting our findings succinctly and in a way that is easily understood by a non-technical audience.
Meet the team
We have the necessary technical expertise to support your organisation when considering investing in new technologies, including experts in waste processing, energy generation technologies, waste composition, recyclate markets, water quality and air quality issues. This means our clients are assured of receiving the robust evidence they need to make informed decisions on valuation and risk. Our due diligence services include:
- Assessment of feed-in tariff and renewable heat.
- Investment assumptions.
- Project risk assessment.
- Project programme review.
- Review of conceptual designs.
- Assessment of process guarantees.
- Assessment of environmental issues and compliance.
- Feedstock assessment and waste composition analysis.
- Review of energy off-take and product outlets.
- Project and performance monitoring post financial close.
- Commissioning and performance test planning, supervision and sign-off.
- Assessment of Feed-in Tariff and Renewable Heat.
- Incentive assumptions.
- Health and safety assessment.
- HAZOP assessment.
- Develop business case, specifications and contract documents.
- UK and European market reviews.
- Management team and staffing support.
- Process efficiency analysis.
- Reference plant inspection.
- Review of project build and lifecycle costs.
We also offer services which provide invaluable expertise of operational and performance issues. These include:
- Expert witness services for commercial disputes, insurance claims and in criminal cases.
- Technical advice for waste, water and renewable energy infrastructure procurement projects.
- Project support to developers (Owner’s Representative) and banks (Lender’s Technical Advisor) during development, commissioning and operations
- Environmental impact assessment, with unique specialist expertise in air quality and health risk aspects.
- Technical due diligence for proposed investment in glass recycling company - market and technical due diligence of a proposed investment in an established glass recycler.
- Feedstock assessment for investors in biomass renewable energy plant - investor market due diligence, which followed an opinion we provided for the developer on feedstock availability that supported an ultimately successful planning enquiry.
- Acquisition technical due diligence of AD schemes – advice to UK investors with pre-financial close review of operational food waste and farm waste schemes, including pre-treatment, treatment and biogas upgrading technologies.
- Acquisition due diligence of a hazardous waste pyrolysis facility – advice to a UK investor from initial ‘red flag’ review to full technical due diligence pre-financial close.
- Lenders Technical Adviser for portfolio of AD facilities – review steady-state test results and undertake project monitoring in relation to the terms of a long-term project finance facility.
- Owner’s representative, clinical waste treatment facility – including developing specifications, site representative, monitoring commissioning and testing, and operational monitoring.
- Commercial acquisition due diligence of a European plastic recycler – advice to a major global retailer and manufacturer acquiring a recycling operator with sites across several European countries.