Advice on all aspects of the design, development and quality assessment of combined heat and power (CHP) technologies
Ricardo has world-leading expertise and knowledge on all aspects of the design, development, quality assessment and policy development associated with the use of CHP.
Our technical and market expertise supports both governments and private sector in this complex area. Our understanding of the technologies, policy and regulations enables us to support our clients in achieving both energy and carbon dioxide emission reduction targets.
We work across all sectors covering all types of CHP technologies, all types of fuels and at all size scales, including emerging technologies such as anaerobic digestion, gasification and pyrolysis. Our services include:
- Advising on CHP technologies covering conventional fuels and renewables and the fiscal benefits delivered are in line with the environmental performance
- Support on achieving accreditation systems through our experience of developing and
- Implementing the UK Government's flagship CHP Quality Assurance (CHPQA) programme.
- Validation and auditing of CHP systems in compliance with EU Directives.
- Techno-economic and financial feasibility studies of CHP systems.